The First Partnership for Aflatoxin Control in Africa (PACA) Partnership Platform Meeting which is scheduled to take place from 07-09 October 2014, at the headquarters of the African Union Commission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This first PACA PPM is of particular importance as it is organized in the year 2014, which was declared, by the African Union Assembly of Heads of State and Government, as the “Year of Agriculture and Food Security in Africa”.
The Partnership for Aflatoxin Control in Africa (PACA) is an innovative consortium that aims to coordinating and supporting aflatoxin mitigation and management across the health, agriculture and trade sectors in Africa. The first PACA PPM will create a forum for the full array of stakeholders involved in the management of aflatoxins – including AUC, RECs, nation al governments, private sector, health organizations, regulators, civil society groups, and development partners – to:
- Embrace the refined PACA Mid-Term Strategic Plan as a driving instrument for attainment of results and impact;
- Share implementation progress, challenges and receive input from stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of PACA’s current activities;
- Exchange information, share experiences and lessons in aflatoxin mitigation and management, including evidence from recent studies;
- Identify and deepen partnerships to create synergies and strengthen programs aligned with the PACA Strategy and Mid-Term Strategic Plan; and
- Engage all stakeholders to support all efforts in the fight against aflatoxins on the African continent.
We are expecting a highly interactive meeting that will help catalyze and inform actions to help achieve PACA’s vision of an Africa free from the harmful effects of aflatoxin. There are no charges to attend the Forum.