- A candidate shall check with their respective state, province or municipality on the latest updates and regulations on getting a food handler certificate.
- The applicant may be asked to provide the blood sample along with the X-ray at the respective office for processing or the applicant may be asked to submit the blood report and X-ray as per the respective department norms.
- In Nigeria, the food handlers should get certificate of food handlers through food handlers test / medical fitness tests. The candidate shall apply with the respective office of the “National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control – NAFDAC” (food safety and applied nutrition).
- Contact Link
- The candidate shall use the contact numbers from the given page as appropriate to find the respective institution to get the required training for this certificate or get certified.
- The candidate shall visit the respective office and meet the concerned authority. Don’t forget to take the required copy of documents along with originals to the office.
- The applicant shall follow the guidelines of the institution authority to get enrolled in the training.
- In general the applicant may be asked to complete the course and obtain a certificate or the applicant may be asked to attend a session on food hygiene as part of the certification process.
- Once the training is completed, the applicant will be required to provide samples (Sputum Test, Urine Test, Stool Test, Chest X-ray, Widal Test and Hepatise B) as per the department norms or provide the medical test results from the government approved labs or private labs for the Sputum Test, Urine Test, Stool Test, Chest X-ray, Widal Test and Hepatise B.
- Once the above steps are completed, the applicant will be audited by the external entity to get the certification.
- The applicant should pay for the training, medical test and other charges as appropriate.
- The applicant shall follow the guidelines of the institution to get the certificate as per applicable norms.
- The time period depends upon the training period and test result.
- Application form
- Valid citizen proof (respective ID’s issued by respective nation)
- Applicant’s proof of identity (identity card / passport / driving licence)
- A photocopy of the original certificate denoting completion of food handler’s course
- Copy of fitness and medical certificate from a medical practitioner
- Passport size photograph (taken not more than three months from the applying date – 6 copies)
- Copy of passport
- A self-addressed envelope with or without stamps (as per requirement)
- Copy of the police record of the applicant as per requirement
- Note: Apart from the above documents, the authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Food Safety and Applied Nutrition,
FSAN Headquarters, Second Floor, NAFDAC Office Complex,
Plot 1, Isolo Industrial Estate, Oshodi-Apapa Expressway,
Phone: +234(0) 906 095 6907
May 4 2023